Thursday, January 3, 2008

A tribute to Dan Fogelberg

I remember sitting in my parents rec room back in the 70's listening to "Homefree" from Dan Fogelberg. I thought he had the most beautiful voice. I would listen to the album over and over again. I knew every single word. Then one day, I sold all my albums at my garage sale. I didn't need them, I had a CD player. I heard Dan Fogelberg had past away Dec. 16th of prostate cancer with his wife Jean by his side. I wished I wouldn't have sold his albums. Over the holidays, I went searching for his albums. I couldn't find any. I looked all over. I finally downloaded it from Rhapsody on my MP3 player. They don't make music like that anymore. I've seen alot of artists in concert, but never had the chance to see him and I'm sorry for that. Now, I hear that Stephen Stills is battling prostate cancer. The good news according to Graham Nash on "Larry King Live" is that his was caught early. Keep Stephen Stills in your prayers.

No comments: