Saturday, September 15, 2007

Race for the cure 2007





























What a glorious day for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure! I started out very early on Sat., Sept. 15th (one month earlier than last year). As I drove downtown in the dark, it was windy and drizzling. It was lucky I thought to wear my long underwear even though it was September. It took place at Malls B & C this year, a much better location I thought. WDOK has long been a supporter of Race for the Cure. My former co-worker, friend and breast cancer survivor, Rena Blumberg, inspired and encouraged me to get involved with this worthwhile cause back in the day when it was held at University Circle. I have been a huge supporter ever since and, as you can see, thousands turned out for this years race/walk. It is absolutely breathtaking the amount of survivors and friends and relatives of survivors who turn out for this event every year. Here's a few photos from the day's event I wanted to share with you. WDOK sponsored the event with our sister station Q104. I'm with my co-worker, my friend, my "G", Jen Tooey. Her mom and dad come to the event every year from the Pittsburgh area to celebrate Mom Lisa's 7 year cancer survival!!!

No comments: